Confused about stability of revno's

Nicholas Allen nick.allen at onlinehome.de
Thu May 27 11:37:00 BST 2010

> Which kind of defeats the purpose; I don't *want* it to work like in
> Subversion.  :-)

Well sometimes you want a centralized workflow and other times not. I
was assuming you wanted a centralized workflow for your master branch as
this is what you're used to from Subversion (but this appears not to be
the case).

However, I must admit I don't use this workflow for the master branch as
the gatekeeper approach is much superior and more suited to our needs. I
use it only for my private feature branches which I want backed up
automatically in a central place (I don't have to remember to do a
push). Also if I work at home on that branch and from the office it's
nice to have this central branch to synchronize them easily. Without
bound branches you have to remember to push your changes in order to
back them up and it's all too easy to forget this every now and then.

Otherwise, I agree it can get confusing when you bzr up and have local
changes....

Nick