Maintaining Bazaar Explorer (was: Re: Wanted: new maintainer for bzr-fastimport)

Alexander Belchenko bialix at ukr.net
Wed May 26 10:29:35 BST 2010

Ian Clatworthy пишет:
> Hi all,
>
> For health reasons[#], I'll be reducing the amount of time I spend
> on-line in coming months in order to spend more time with my family.
>
> As part of this change, I need to step down as maintainer of one or two
> projects including bzr-fastimport. I'm happy to help mentor a new
> maintainer in order to ensure a smooth transition.
>
> Is anyone interested in taking on this role? If so, please email me or
> catch me on IRC (igc in #bzr on freenode).
>
> Thanks,
> Ian C.
>
> [#] http://ianclatworthy.wordpress.com/2010/05/22/tough-times-easy-choices/

Recently I've said to Ian that QBzr team will maintain Bazaar Explorer
project. Mostly because both projects are very close in underlying
technology (PyQt). Perhaps Gary and me need to start become more
familiar with explorer codebase and design principles. I can't say I
know about explorer internals very much, I've helped Ian with explorer
last summer but since then explorer successfully grew into much bigger
application.

I'm not sure we should merge both projects at this stage. They are both
good as is.

But as a second thought: these projects are separate enough so maybe we
should ask aloud:

Does somebody else want to take the lead role in explorer project?

Alexander