Bazaar dirstate locking (was: lock_* API change)

Eli Zaretskii eliz at gnu.org
Fri May 14 22:14:24 BST 2010

> Date: Sat, 15 May 2010 09:04:35 +1200
> From: Robert Collins <robertc at robertcollins.net>
> Cc: bazaar at lists.canonical.com
>
> > Hmm... so it's not going to solve the problem where bzr is completely
> > unusable (because locking fails) as long as a "bzr commit" is in progress?
>
> Thats totally unrealted to the API. It is, in fact,
> https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/bzr/+bug/98836

That bug report is 3 years old.  Is there _any_ hope to have it fixed
some time soon?  "bzr commit" can take a few minutes, even if you have
a fairly fast connection; having all other bzr commands barf during
that period is a terrible productivity hit.  Heck, even visiting a
file in Emacs during that period bitches at me with an error message
(fortunately a non-fatal one).

I cannot understand how come such serious problems do not get solved
in 3 years, in a project that releases a new version every few months.