Are squashed commits and discarded branches possible in bzr?

Eric Siegerman lists08-bzr at davor.org
Mon May 10 14:48:18 BST 2010

On Mon, 2010-05-10 at 15:59 +0900, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
> If you mean GC of dangling revisions, IIUC this happens when a branch
> is repacked, and certainly when it is cloned.

That is indeed what I meant.

Nope, "bzr pack" doesn't do it, at least not in 2.2b2 with the
particular collection of plugins I have installed.

Agreed, "bzr branch" aka "clone" only pulls across the revisions
it needs, and, as Roland's script demonstrates, this can be used
as a workaround for the lack of an automated garbage collector.

  - Eric