Explorer & QBzr Log

John Arbash Meinel john at arbash-meinel.com
Thu Apr 22 02:52:05 BST 2010

Eric Berry wrote:
> Hello,
>     I've been playing with the idea of a Groovy layer on top of Bazaar
> and I wanted to build out a Java Swing based Log Viewer as a proof of
> concept, and I have some questions regarding the Explorer/QBzr log viewer.
>
> If I use 'bzr log', I can see a lot of information, including tags, and
> merge points. However, I only see merge points where I've merged into
> the main branch (eg. reintegration points). The qbzr log viewer seems to
> show update points where I've merged from the main branch into the
> feature branch. How is QBzr determining this information?
>
> Eg. http://www.tellurianring.com/images/update_points.png
>
> From my understanding the grey bubbles represent commits to the current
> branch (aka my main branch), the yellow bubbles represent commits to
> another branch (aka my feature branch), and the lines going from the
> grey bubbles to the yellow bubbles represent points where I've merged
> from the main branch into the feature branch, correct?
>
> I'm not sure how to get this information from 'bzr log' in the main branch.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Eric

You can look at the revision information, and see that it has more than
1 parent.

qlog doesn't parse 'bzr log' to get that information. But if you are
looking to do so, you'll probably want to do:

bzr log --show-ids -n0

If you do, you should see stuff like:

revno: 5170 [merge]
revision-id: pqm at pqm.ubuntu.com-20100421114839-4elxlyab2r06ryj3
parent: pqm at pqm.ubuntu.com-20100421050502-7540qdf2nxuvlq0c
parent: v.ladeuil+lp at free.fr-20100421084320-nbw59sgn3j4dh2io
committer: Canonical.com Patch Queue Manager <pqm at pqm.ubuntu.com>
branch nick: +trunk
timestamp: Wed 2010-04-21 12:48:39 +0100
message:
  (vila) Fix bt.test_diff imports
    revno: 5169.1.1 [merge]
    revision-id: v.ladeuil+lp at free.fr-20100421084320-nbw59sgn3j4dh2io
    parent: pqm at pqm.ubuntu.com-20100421050502-7540qdf2nxuvlq0c
    parent: v.ladeuil+lp at free.fr-20100420144401-dzst0y5fyvxd31p2
    committer: Vincent Ladeuil <v.ladeuil+lp at free.fr>
    branch nick: integration
    timestamp: Wed 2010-04-21 10:43:20 +0200
    message:
      Fix bt.test_diff imports

Note that there are 2 'parent:' entries in 5169.1.1, one of which is a
'pqm@' revision, which is from the bzr mainline. (5169 if I'm not mistaken.)