PQM getting tweaked

Martin Pool mbp at canonical.com
Tue Apr 20 02:36:01 BST 2010

On 20 April 2010 06:58, Robert Collins <robertc at robertcollins.net> wrote:
> Yes, thats related; there is a bug in the reporting. I hope to have a fix
> deployed this morning Sydney time - it will depend on a few variables
> exactly when. We didn't rollback because it was successfully processing.
>
> The current status is:
>  - email merges are still accepted, and will get priority. (They will also
> show as 'current item' even if a LP queued thing is currently playing0.

One way to kick them off is to use 'feed-pqm' from the hydrazine
trunk, which will let you manually select things to submit, and it
will then automate submission.

>  - Tasks submitted by using lp:~lifeless/hydrazine/cron (run feed-pqm bzr,
> follow your nose) will get picked up and processed automatically; they may
> have issues reporting on status etc. *if that happens*:
>     - file a bug on lp:pqm
>     - submit via email as normal - the next queue run will pickup your
> emailed submission, and you'll receive the normal processing of its
> error/success. Once LP sees a merge (e.g. after you fix whatever issue is
> occuring in your branch), the status will change to 'merged', and it will
> drop out of the LP queue as well. Or if you find there is a broken test etc,
> please change it from 'Queued' to 'work in progress', or 'needs review'.

So the question is, which things are being sent through this path?  Is
it automatically feeding all approved reviews?  If so, we have to be
very careful to only use 'approved' to mean 'genuinely approved', not
still needing tweaks (and maybe that should be more widely advertised
than the tail end of this thread.)

I assume you don't actually want multiple people running feed-pqm in cron mode?

What is supposed to happen if submission fails?

--
Martin <http://launchpad.net/~mbp/>