LP teams for bazaar [again]

Jonathan Lange jml at mumak.net
Fri Apr 16 17:54:36 BST 2010

On Fri, Apr 16, 2010 at 5:21 PM, John Arbash Meinel
<john at arbash-meinel.com> wrote:

> Jonathan Lange wrote:
>> On Fri, Apr 16, 2010 at 1:10 AM, Robert Collins
>> <robertc at robertcollins.net> wrote:
>>> So the issue with Launchpad here is that the *same team* controls 'can
>>> approve a merge' and 'does authoritative reviews'.
>>
>> Why is that an issue?
>>
>> What would an authoritative review be without the ability to approve a merge?
>>
>> jml
>>

> We consider non-core reviews to be valuable, and we want people to vote.
> However, that doesn't mean we want everyone to be able to land the
> proposed changes to trunk.

People can review code on whatever project they like on Launchpad
without any special privileges. We mark reviews differently if they
are done by people outside the review team for a branch. The review
team is also the team that controls who can approve a merge.

How does this discourage people from voting?

I'm genuinely having difficulty understanding the issue.

jml