Nested tree support [was Bzr externals for bzr and bzr-svn]

Eugene Tarasenko eugene.tarasenko at gmail.com
Wed Apr 14 09:53:01 BST 2010

Patrick van der Velde wrote:

> Given that the lack of nested trees seems to be a blocker for quite a
> few features (snv-externals integration, multi-level projects etc.)
> can somebody shed some light on why there is no development on this
> feature? Is the spec incomplete, is it blocked by other features, not
> enough people to work on it .... etc. I think it would be nice to know
> why nested trees isn't moving on.

You need to add manually only .bzrmeta/externals in yours svn the project.
It will not affect in any way functionality svn the project, but it will be
correct to work in bzr. And as external branches in the project are
connected not so often that it is possible not to worry less more.

bzr-external support multi-level projects.