Converting a svn repository with layout changes

Marius Gedminas marius at pov.lt
Sat Apr 10 17:01:13 BST 2010

http://mg.pov.lt/eazysvn/svn is an Subversion repository that used the
trivial "everything in root" layout for 49 revisions, then switched to
trunk/ + branches/ + tags/ for the rest.

bzr-svn chokes on that:

$ bzr branch http://mg.pov.lt/eazysvn/svn eazysvn
bzr: ERROR: bzrlib.errors.NoSuchRevision: <bzrlib.plugins.svn.logwalker.CachingLogWalker object at 0xa94254c> has no revision Revision number 66

*** Bazaar has encountered an internal error.  This probably indicates a
    bug in Bazaar.  You can help us fix it by filing a bug report at
        https://bugs.launchpad.net/bzr/+filebug
    attaching the crash file
        /home/mg/.cache/crash/bzr-20100410155414-11172.crash
    and including a description of the problem.

    The crash file is plain text and you can inspect or edit it to remove
    private information.

What are my options for getting this converted into a DVCS?  I'd prefer Bazaar,
but I assume once I got any of the other two (git, hg) it wouldn't be too
difficult to convert them to a Bazaar repo, no?

(Incidentally, git-svn handles this repository fine, but I end up with
directories named /trunk and /tags/1.1.10/ in the source tree, which is
suboptimal).

Marius Gedminas
--
How much net work could a network work, if a network could net work?