Migrating multiple Mercurial branches to Bazaar

Gustavo Narea gnarea at tech.2degreesnetwork.com
Tue Apr 6 14:34:17 BST 2010

On 31/03/10 16:13, Max Bowsher wrote:

> Have you considered using bzr-hg instead of bzr-fastimport? That
> should allow two people to independently 'bzr branch' related
> Mercurial branches, and have Bazaar understand that they are related.

I tried it but it's too resource inefficient when I pull/clone: It eats
my entire RAM and CPU, and the kernel kills that process as a
consequence. My HG branch has about 9,000 revisions and around 10,000
files, and uses ~700MB on my harddisk.

Plus, if I run "bzr commit", I get an exception because it's trying to
call a .commit() method with the wrong arguments.

I've tried the lastest bzr-hg from its repository on LP, as well as its
146 revision (the one from the v0.1 release). I tried them with
different versions of Bazaar (2.0.0, 2.1 and 2.2beta) and Mercurial
(1.3.1, 1.5 and 1.5.1)... But I always got the same problems.

Cheers,

 - Gustavo.