Can't create tunnel

Larry Drews ldrewsNOSPAM at thesoftwareronin.com
Wed Mar 31 12:45:13 BST 2010

INADA Naoki <songofacandy at gmail.com> wrote in
news:ee9557411003301948r49f34e2ft1dbdc38f45f3d993 at mail.gmail.com:

> Check your PATH and SVN_SSH environment variable.
>
> SVN_SSH is "ssh" by default. If you use putty, you should set SVN_SSH
> to "plink".
> And make sure PATH env contains directory contains ssh command
> specified by SVN_SSH.
>
> On Wed, Mar 31, 2010 at 11:42 AM, Larry Drews
> <ldrewsNOSPAM at thesoftwareronin.com> wrote:
>> I'm trying to use bzr to interface with an existing Subversion
>> repository
> .
>> The url is: svn+ssh://ldrews@97.74.121.243/var/subversion/scientist.
>> When
>> try to open this url in Explorer I keep getting the error message:
>> "Can't create tunnel.  The system cannot find the file specified."
>>
>> I am able to access the repository using TortoiseSVN.
>>
>> I have the latest stable release of Bazaar and Explorer.  What am I
>> missing?
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Larry Drews
>> TheSoftwareRonin

Thank you for the suggestion.  I made those changes: SVN_SSH=plink, PATH
+= c:\Program Files\putty.  However, Bazaar just hangs when trying to
connect.

When using TortoiseSVN, it asks for the password several times; once for
each subdirectory in the path I think.

Any other suggestions?

Regards,

Larry Drews