How to switch a checkout of a bound branch

Martin Pool mbp at canonical.com
Mon Mar 29 02:32:50 BST 2010

On 29 March 2010 12:19, Stefan Monnier <monnier at iro.umontreal.ca> wrote:
> If I do:
>
>  bzr branch --bind --no-tree somewhere/foo
>  bzr branch --bind --no-tree somewhere/bar
>  bzr co --lightweight foo baz
>  cd baz
>  bzr switch bar
>
> Bzr tries to switch my `foo' branch to bind to somewhere/bar, rather
> than try to switch my `baz' checkout to point to my `bar' branch.
>
> This is rather unexpected and annoying.
> The only way around it I've found is to do:
>
>  (cd ../foo; bzr unbind)
>  bzr switch bar
>  (cd ../foo; bzr bind)
>
> which is very inconvenient.  Is that done on purpose?

So you're saying you want the relative URL to be computed based on the
URL of the branch the checkout is directly bound to, but it seems to
be computed relative to that of its master?  I don't think this is on
purpose.  It should be easy to fix and test.  You can file a bug if
there's not one already.

--
Martin <http://launchpad.net/~mbp/>