https://edge.launchpad.net/~mbp/bzr/lazy-commands/+merge/21910 fed to pqm

Martin Pool mbp at canonical.com
Thu Mar 25 23:27:04 GMT 2010

On 26 March 2010 03:55, John Arbash Meinel <john at arbash-meinel.com> wrote:
>> Why am I now getting these emails and how do I make it stop?
>>
>> jml
>
> Martin's 'feed-pqm' script as part of lp:hydrazine, I believe. I don't
> think there is any way to 'make it stop' since it is just another
> comment on the merge proposal. (Along with the side effect of modifying
> the 'commit message'.) Certainly I don't find it ideal. As a single
> merge request, plus a single review approve, then generates 3 more emails

I don't know if jml's objection was to getting the mails at all, or to
the fact that, until bug 541586 was fixed, they showed up in separate
gmail threads.

Anyhow, we can trivially make feed-pqm stop posting comments to the
bug.  I think it would be a bit useful to let others see that the
merge was at least attempted, but perhaps it is not worth the noise.
Ideally this would be tracked using structured data on the mp, but
that needs more implementation on the Launchpad side.  (But it might
be sufficiently exposed over the api to work.)

--
Martin <http://launchpad.net/~mbp/>