bzr 2.2 release schedule

Matthew D. Fuller fullermd at over-yonder.net
Fri Mar 19 19:46:57 GMT 2010

On Fri, Mar 19, 2010 at 01:49:48PM +1100 I heard the voice of
Martin Pool, and lo! it spake thus:

> ... actually I have a modification.
>
> I think '2.2.0rc1'  is too longwinded.  We seem pretty happy doing
> rcs only for major releases (2.2).  I would like to change the
> convention to be just '2.2b1', '2.2rc1' and then start counting up
> from 2.2.0 when it finally releases.

I'd go both ways, really.  An RC is a Release Candidate, and it makes
sense for 2.2rc to precent 2.2 (release).  But if the release is going
to be 2.2.0, the rc should be for 2.2.0.

The betas (which I'd call more alphas or dev snapshots, really) can
make more sense as 2.2's, since they're leading to the 2.2 series as a
whole.

Matthew Fuller     (MF4839)   |  fullermd at over-yonder.net