2.1.0: Cygwin - bzr: ERROR: exceptions.AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'ssl'

Jari Aalto jari.aalto at cante.net
Sat Mar 13 17:11:16 GMT 2010

"Martin (gzlist)" <gzlist at googlemail.com> writes:

> On 13/03/2010, Jari Aalto <jari.aalto at cante.net> wrote:
>

>> Let me know how can I help. The pre-release of Cygwin package is
>> available at:
>
> I've been wondering for a while, is there any reason cygwin is
> packaging an out of date python? I'd expect at least the latest minor
> version of 2.5 but their package seems to be unchanged since 2007.

Most likely lack of manpower. I'll see if I can get in touch with the
python maintainer.

>> AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'ssl'
>
> Does this also throw for you?
>
>     $ python -c "import socket; socket.ssl"

Unfortunately:

$ python -c "import socket; socket.ssl"
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'ssl'

So, I gather I'm out of luck using LP under Cygwin.

Jari