svn-import and parent location

Brian de Alwis briandealwis at gmail.com
Fri Mar 12 15:07:22 GMT 2010

Hi Martin.

The 'svn-layout' command will tell you what bzr-svn thinks is the layout organization of your repository.  For example,

	$ bzr svn-layout svn+https://papyrus.usask.ca/svn/dept/gt/trunk
	Repository root: svn+https://papyrus.usask.ca/svn/dept
	Layout: trunk1
	Branch path: gt/trunk
	Project: gt
	Tag container directory: gt/tags
	Branch container directory: gt/branches
	Push merged revisions: None

I'm guessing that your branches/test doesn't appear in the branch container directory.

You can instruct bzr-svn for alternative layout; there are some details in 'bzr help svn-layout'.  You can even construct your own layouts as Python classes, though I've (fortunately) never had to venture there.

There's one oddity in your output: the branches/test has a space in the front.  I wonder if that's the cause of the problem:

> bzr: ERROR: Not a branch: " branches/test".

Brian.