reverse cherry picking + merge docs

Ben Finney ben+bazaar at benfinney.id.au
Thu Mar 11 11:12:11 GMT 2010

David Muir <davidkmuir at gmail.com> writes:

> Since (from my experience) reverse cherry picking is usually done
> within the current branch, shouldn't merge run off of :this instead of
> :submit?

I don't think that would be any less confusing; the default branch
shouldn't differ depending on how I'm specifying revisions.

> Also, it would be good if the docs mention that merge uses :submit as
> its default. Even in the docs for the submit_branch config setting, it
> only mentions that it's used by `bzr send`.

Rather, if the docs are misleading on this, I think it's the docs that
need changing.

Could you make a patch that makes them clearer on these two points?

--
 \         “I have yet to see any problem, however complicated, which, |
  `\      when you looked at it in the right way, did not become still |