reverse cherry picking + merge docs

David Muir davidkmuir at gmail.com
Thu Mar 11 03:19:54 GMT 2010

In the docs for reverse cherry picking, it says to do:

bzr merge -r 10..9

which probably won't do as you expect, since it works off of the submit
branch rather than the current branch. The docs are rather vague about
this, and I had to dig around to figure out why it was grabbing the
wrong revisions.

Since (from my experience) reverse cherry picking is usually done within
the current branch, shouldn't merge run off of :this instead of :submit?

Also, it would be good if the docs mention that merge uses :submit as
its default. Even in the docs for the submit_branch config setting, it
only mentions that it's used by `bzr send`.

On another note, what should the submit branch be for the upstream
branch? Should it be itself?

ie. I have:
trunk -> :submit = first feature branch I merged in
staging -> :submit = trunk
production -> :submit = staging

Cheers,
David