scmproj: new project v2 available for testing

Alexander Belchenko bialix at ukr.net
Tue Mar 9 22:28:46 GMT 2010

Hi,

I have implemented support for new project layout which I've called "project v2".
Now instead of separate control branch in .scmproj with project.cfg inside it, scmproj uses
project.cfg in the .bzrmeta/scmproj directory in top-level branch at the root of the project.
Therefore separate control branch is no more needed. This is big change, and first step for the real
snapshots support. Also it makes scmproj closer to other implementations of
nested_trees/subrepos/etc., e.g. bzr-externals (but we don't have hooks yet ;-)

If you're already using scmproj I'd like to ask you test new project v2 behavior.
The code available as
bzr branch lp:~bialix/bzr/scmproj/v2

This branch supports projects v1 (with control branch in .scmproj) as well.

Migration process explained in the document http://bialix.com/scmproj/docs/v2-migration.html
If there is something unclear -- don't hesitate to ask.

List of other changes in the NEWS file: http://bialix.com/scmproj/docs/news.html

I will appreciate any feedback on v2.

Alexander