Overriding commands in plugins

Gary van der Merwe garyvdm at gmail.com
Mon Mar 8 17:06:28 GMT 2010

On 08/03/2010 17:18, Michael Gliwinski wrote:
> What is the best/proper/right/working way to override some functionality of a
> command in a plugin?

I looked into this in detail when trying to solve the incompatibility
between qbzr and bzr-pipeline which were both trying to modify the merge
command. I came to the conclusion that it's not possible to do cleanly
with how bzr currently is. I started making changes to bzr to make this
possible[1], but ran out of motivation, and qbzr ended up losing some
functionality (merge --qpreview)

[1]:
https://code.launchpad.net/~garyvdm/bzr/register_lazy_decorated/+merge/8430