Anyone using Explorer together with bzr-svn?

Jelmer Vernooij jelmer at samba.org
Sun Mar 7 12:53:14 GMT 2010

Hi Ian,

On 03/07/10 06:05, Ian Clatworthy wrote:
> In theory, bzr-svn means that all our clients ought to be able to be
> used with svn branches. Is anyone doing that regularly?
>
> If so:
>
> * Does it work with a svn checkout local?
> * Or only with a remote svn branch converted on the fly to a bzr
>    branch/checkout locally?
> * Do you use bound branches?
> * If not, do you need to dpush and if so, how are you doing that
>    from the GUI?

I'm using "bzr qlog" with Subversion branches regularly and that seems
to work very well.
> * Should we enhance the Push dialog to support dpush? If so,
>    what changes to the UI are required?

This would be very nice to have. I guess it should probably only be
visible when the local and target branch are in different vcses.

> What else could we add to explorer to make it a better svn client?
> For example, would it be good if Explore>  System Information showed the
> Subversion installation details?
Other than dpush I can't think of other things that could use better
support.
>   Also, how transparent is 'bzr ignore'
> usage in this setup?

bzr ignore doesn't work for subversion branches for reasons discussed
earlier - .bzrignore is part of the normal versioned tree.

Cheers,

Jelmer