Fixing rebase rather than avoiding it

Teemu Likonen tlikonen at iki.fi
Thu Mar 4 04:59:25 GMT 2010

* 2010-03-04 05:29 (+0100), Óscar Fuentes wrote:

> If you want to use bisect, git forces you too make all commits
> bisectable.

I don't understand where this "forces" comes from. Perhaps you should be
talking about the continuum "easy" and "difficult" to find a commit
which introduced a bug. I'm certainly curious about this "forces" thing.

> With bzr you can limit that policy to merge commits, and then apply
> more liberal rules for committing on feature branches.

What kind of liberal commit rules would make bisecting with Git
difficult? How is it difficult?