Dulwich on Launchpad

Ben Finney ben+bazaar at benfinney.id.au
Tue Mar 2 21:34:28 GMT 2010

Jelmer Vernooij <jelmer at samba.org> writes:

> Yes, I occasionally rebase after the fact. This is mainly caused by my
> personal setup.

Yet another reason to avoid rebase :-)

What is it about your personal setup that necessitates this? I've never
had the need for rebase; branching and merging have met all the needs
that people have cited for rebase, without the history-loss problems.

Can you switch to using branching and merging for the same operations,
at least on public repositories?

--
 \                             “I'm a born-again atheist.” —Gore Vidal |
Ben Finney