new plugin: commit-from-news

Jelmer Vernooij jelmer at samba.org
Sun Feb 28 15:33:56 GMT 2010

Hi Rob,

On Sat, 2010-02-27 at 23:39 +1100, Robert Collins wrote:
> This plugin takes the diff of any file called NEWS and provides as a
> default commit message, so that when documenting a change in NEWS, you
> don't need to also write a commit message.
>
> lp:bzr-commitfromnews

While I was attempting to add support for setting the 'bugs' revision
property, I noticed that the test suite fails for me at the moment. Is a
particular version of bzr required? It seems to rely on build_snapshot()
supporting a message_callback argument.

ERROR:
bzrlib.plugins.commitfromnews.tests.test_committemplate.TestCommitTemplate.test_initial
_StringException: Text attachment: log
------------
291.196  creating repository in
file:///home/jelmer/tmp/testbzr-ibFKdS.tmp/bzrlib.plugins.commitfromnews.tests.test_committemplate.TestCommitTemplate.test_initial/work/test/.bzr/.
291.204  creating branch <bzrlib.branch.BzrBranchFormat7 object at
0xc80fa2c> in
file:///home/jelmer/tmp/testbzr-ibFKdS.tmp/bzrlib.plugins.commitfromnews.tests.test_committemplate.TestCommitTemplate.test_initial/work/test/.bzr/
------------
Text attachment: traceback
------------
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/testtools/runtest.py", line
128, in _run_user
    return fn(*args)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/testtools/testcase.py", line
368, in _run_test_method
    testMethod()
  File
"/home/jelmer/.bazaar/plugins/commitfromnews/tests/test_committemplate.py", line 59, in test_initial
    message_callback=msgeditor.generate_commit_message_template)
TypeError: build_snapshot() got an unexpected keyword argument
'message_callback'

Cheers,
Jelmer