Bazaar still below the radar when evaluating VCS tools

Paul Moore p.f.moore at gmail.com
Fri Feb 26 20:36:46 GMT 2010

On 26 February 2010 20:12, John Arbash Meinel <john at arbash-meinel.com> wrote:
>> I'm curious to know if there are good reasons for the difference (that
>> "40811 revisions" vs "5504 changesets with 25490 changes" is
>> suspicious, and I guess Launchpad may still be on an old repo format)
>
> ^- Changesets vs revisions is pretty close to the same thing. So
> Mercurial has 1/8th the history that the Bazaar branch has. Why? I don't
> know, but that is certainly significant.

I thought that might be how to interpret it. So that quite probably
explains the time difference.

The big problem is that for obvious reasons, there's no significantly
sized project with relatively official repositories in more than one
DVCS format - so comparing like with like is extremely difficult.

Yet more proof that all benchmarks are lies, I guess...
Paul.