Bazaar still below the radar when evaluating VCS tools

Joke de Buhr joke at seiken.de
Fri Feb 26 19:10:41 GMT 2010

On Friday 26 February 2010 18:21:38 Matthieu Moy wrote:
> Joke de Buhr <joke at seiken.de> writes:
> >   - smart server via apache:
>
> Git has this too:
> http://www.kernel.org/pub/software/scm/git/docs/git-http-backend.html

Nice to know. The last time I looked into git I didn't stumble upon the http
backend. It doesn't seem to be popular.

> > If a business would use git and requires full encryption they need to use
> > git over webdav.
>
> Or use a recent enough version of Git, or use Git over SSH.

Sorry, git over ssh is fully encrypted of cause. I was going for fully
encrypting and ldap user accounts which are common in businesses. Neither the
git server nor the git over ssh support virtual user accounts via ldap. The
http backend does of cause.

I can't seem to find any information that the git server itself has ssl
support.