Incorrect handling of EINTR in Bazaar

Martin (gzlist) gzlist at googlemail.com
Thu Feb 25 10:12:34 GMT 2010

On 22/02/2010, Martin Pool <mbp at canonical.com> wrote:

> My main point to Andrew is that you can't just assume that the worst
> that will happen by forgetting to close is that an fd will leak, so we
> seem to be agreeing :-)

Yup, it looks like there's consensus on the problem now, just need a
happy solution.

> We do actually have siginterrupt exposed in Python - maybe that can be
> used to cause system calls to automatically restart? (See
> <http://manpages.ubuntu.com/manpages/lucid/en/man3/siginterrupt.3.html>
> <http://bugs.python.org/issue1089358>).  We would still have to handle
> partial io.

Have expanded on this idea a little more in response to Andrew saying
the same thing. The python bug report you link there (while a little
confused) does have some of their reasoning for avoiding the cleaner
BSD style of interrupt handling though.

Martin