Bazaar still below the radar when evaluating VCS tools

Matthew D. Fuller fullermd at over-yonder.net
Thu Feb 25 09:21:59 GMT 2010

On Thu, Feb 25, 2010 at 06:09:51PM +0900 I heard the voice of
Stephen J. Turnbull, and lo! it spake thus:

> Of course there is ... the hard/unsafe way.

Well, sure.  You can do anything by creating a new history and
browbeating people into considering it the authoritative one  8-}

> I certainly doubt that those who want "true rename support"[1] would
> consider it an advantage.

True.  OTOH, it also overlaps into things like parallel import
support (after all, that's just a special case of pointing back in
time and saying 'Oh, X is the same as Y').

Certainly there are long discussions that could be had (if they could
be had, without devolving into semantic arguments anyway; history is
not optimistic here) about relative merits and future combinations.
Most of the discussions I've seen about it tend to miss out on nuances
both ways.  Yet another thing on my list of things to write up on that
mythical future day when I can put some tuits in a lathe...

Matthew Fuller     (MF4839)   |  fullermd at over-yonder.net