Bazaar still below the radar when evaluating VCS tools

Ben Finney ben+bazaar at benfinney.id.au
Thu Feb 25 01:05:06 GMT 2010

"Stephen J. Turnbull" <stephen at xemacs.org> writes:

> The problem is that [Mercurial] will also trust the information given
> implicitly by *not* using hg mv, hg cp, ....
>
> This is the big hole in the implementation of hg (and bzr, for that
> matter) rename/copy tracking.

How is Bazaar's implementation flawed in this respect?

I've never had Bazaar silently accept filesystem changes as you describe
above; it only records filesystem entry changes if explicitly told to do
so. Am I wrong?

--
 \              “Dvorak users of the world flgkd!” —Kirsten Chevalier, |
  `\                                                rec.humor.oracle.d |