Please test the Explorer 1.0 branch - RC2 pending

Gordon Tyler gordon at doxxx.net
Mon Feb 22 15:35:54 GMT 2010

On 22/02/2010 3:10 AM, Ian Clatworthy wrote:
> Neil Martinsen-Burrell wrote:
>> On 2010-02-21 09:26 , Ian Clatworthy wrote:
>> [...]
>>
>>> Can users please test the latest explorer code on OS X in particular and
>>> confirm that the toolbox is working for them? (I've done some testing on
>>> both Windows and Ubuntu in fixing this.) You should see the same tools
>>> listed in the Toolbox as are present on the Tools menu. The Tools > Add
>>> Tool dialog ought to add tools into there instantly as well.
>>
>> I'd love to test this, but I get the following with bzr.dev r5052 and
>> bzr-explorer r451.
>>
>> $ bzr explore .
>> bzr: ERROR: exceptions.ImportError: cannot import name shlex_split_unicode
>
> Gordon put up a patch for bzr.dev to fix this. It's approved and just
> needs merging. See
> https://code.edge.launchpad.net/~doxxx/bzr/524181-shlex_split_unicode/+merge/19675

Apologies for that. For future reference, the bzrlib.cmdline module
provides facilities for parsing a command-line into arguments. It
supports Windows' backslash-as-dir-separator but does not support
backslash-as-escape-char. It also optionally supports single quotes for
quoting arguments.

It doesn't do wildcard expansion since currently only the win32
commandline parsing in win32utils needs to do that, but if other clients
of the cmdline module, e.g. plugins, need that then I think we could
easily move that from win32utils into the cmdline module as another
facility that it provides.

Ciao,
Gordon