How I Patch Piloted lately and some tricks about merge proposals

Martin Pool mbp at canonical.com
Mon Feb 22 10:34:56 GMT 2010

I piloted last week and am handing over this week to John.  We need
someone for the next week, and if someone would like to co-pilot with
John that would be nice.

I spent quite a bit of time on it last week, including talking to
Parth on irc, which was nice.

Previously I've felt this was successful when the queue emptied but
this time we had a higher success, which is that the queue is full of
good new patches, few over a week old.
<https://code.edge.launchpad.net/bzr/+activereviews>

Only one is really languishing, I think because of a bit of nearly
bikeshedding about just to evolve the interpretation of
append_revisions_only
<https://code.edge.launchpad.net/~ed-marsfire/bzr/giveback/+merge/18777>.
 I know which one I prefer but really we should just decide.

<https://code.edge.launchpad.net/~toshio/bzr/allow-dirty-patches/+merge/18854>
was interesting because I wrote a test for a patch blocked on having
one, and then Toshio explained why my test failed.  This was a really
nice example of the kind of feedback I was hoping to get out of this.

I did do some new bug triage using the bugclient script from
https://launchpad.net/hydrazine, as I discussed in the retrospective.
I think I looked at one bug with a patch but there are still several
more.

Good luck Vincent!

--
Martin <http://launchpad.net/~mbp/>