Bazaar still below the radar when evaluating VCS tools

Ben Finney ben+bazaar at benfinney.id.au
Sat Feb 20 04:58:31 GMT 2010

Howdy all,

Martin Fowler (of ThoughtWorks and much software-engineering wisdom) has
posted an article on the “recommendability” of VCS tools:

    In our recent ThoughtWorks technology radar, we called out two items
    as version control tools that enterprises should be assessing for
    use: Subversion and Distributed Version Control Systems (DVCS). Here
    I want to expand on that, summarizing many discussions we've had
    internally about version control tools.
    […]

    Fundamentally there's three version control systems that get broad
    approval: subversion (svn), git, and mercurial (hg).

    […]
    Speaking of DVCSs, there are more than just the two I've highlighted
    here. Bazaar, in particular, is one I occasionally hear good things
    about, but again I hear about it much less often then git or Mercurial.

    <URL:http://martinfowler.com/bliki/VersionControlTools.html>

Martin Fowler's voice carries a lot of weight in many quarters; it seems
Bazaar escaped evaluation only because he doesn't hear about it enough.
Could someone rectify that for him?

--
 \       “The most common of all follies is to believe passionately in |
  `\    the palpably not true. It is the chief occupation of mankind.” |