Bazaar 2.1.0 has gone gold

Ian Clatworthy ian.clatworthy at canonical.com
Thu Feb 18 08:12:36 GMT 2010

John Arbash Meinel wrote:

> It is my summary blurb for the 2.1 release. If you don't want to include
> the ~100 bugfixes, then I don't know that there is a lot more to say.
> You certainly can go into details about the individual features, but
> your whole point was that you wanted a summary of the primary
> differences between 2.1.0 and 2.0(.4).

I thought your summary was a good start. It's hard getting the balance
right between a paragraph and 20 pages. :-)

I've taken a crack at expanding what you wrote. See attached. It needs a
few more links but I'm otherwise happy with it. If this looks OK, I'll
submit a MP adding this as a section into NEWS.

First off though, I'd like some feedback from potential readers of
this material. If your team was going to upgrade to 2.1, does this
document meet your needs wrt understanding What's New?

Ian C.

PS: I'm yet to mention the Windows glob improvements. I missed that
scanning the Release Notes. Is there much to say about that change?