tip: handling often-duped bugs

Martin Pool mbp at canonical.com
Wed Feb 17 23:29:01 GMT 2010

There are some bugs that are often hit by dupes, such as
<https://edge.launchpad.net/bugs/523314>.   It's some kind of
combination of the bug actually being often hit, it not being so
urgent that we've fixed it yet, and perhaps that the way the bug
presents does not cause Launchpad's dupefinder to work well.  Some of
them keep getting hit in old versions even after they have been
closed.

So people tend to comment "this feels like a dupe" but finding it can
be slightly annoying.

I was going to suggest that we should put a tag on these often-duped
bugs but in fact there is a nicer way, which is to just search for all
bugs including closed ones, sorted by number of dupes:

http://tinyurl.com/bzr-bugs-by-dupes

:-)

--
Martin <http://launchpad.net/~mbp/>