copyright check pre-commit hook

Marius Kruger amanic at gmail.com
Wed Feb 10 11:39:18 GMT 2010

On 10 February 2010 12:47, Philippe Lhoste <PhiLho at gmx.net> wrote:
> A quick glance at the page you link to doesn't show the asked feature.
> I suggest you update the page if that's something added later.
> Does it allow some regex checking?

no, but it would not be hard to add.
I thought it might serve as a good starting point, and hopefully we
can improve my plugin to do what you want.

> PS./OT.: I was once lectured here because my editor (SciTE) is set up to
> automatically strip trailing spaces, and I dared to submit a patch where I
> removed such spaces in a Python file... :-)
> So, out of curiosity, what is the official (or general consensus) stance of
> these trailing spaces, particularly on (otherwise) empty lines between two
> indented lines?

Trailing white space should be avoided, but is allowed.
You should however not make lots of unrelated white space changes.
(from doc/developers/HACKING.txt)

--
<>< Marius ><>