bzr-git

Max Bowsher maxb at f2s.com
Tue Feb 9 11:58:38 GMT 2010

On 09/02/10 09:36, Russel Winder wrote:
> Git repositories have multiple branches.  As far as I can tell bzr-git
> always defaults to working with master, which is fine.

It defaults to HEAD, which is often master.

> The question is
> how to have a Bazaar shared repository that contains a number of the
> branches present in a Git repository and reflects all the history
> correctly?

Currently, I think the only way is "bzr git-import". You can re-run the
same command again to update an existing import with new remote changes.

Once the debate on how to represent URLs to colocated branches is
resolved, it will be trivial to make bzr-git support explicit git refs.

Max.