[qbzr] Re: Upgrading PyQt/Qt (was Updated Bazaar 2.1.0 release plan)

Alexander Belchenko bialix at ukr.net
Tue Feb 9 07:00:31 GMT 2010

INADA Naoki пишет:
>> Well, it was going to, but I did end up running into problems with the
>> 'port3' code. For whatever reason things work here w/ PyQt 4.6.2, but
>> trying to use PyQt 4.7-1 on EC2 fails.
>
> FYI.
> PyQt 4.7 contains Py3k code in 'port3' and it blocks py2exe.
> I've removed them and I can use py2exe with PyQt 4.7.

BTW, recently I've discovered PySide project which is aimed to be
alternative to PyQt. Today it's not production-ready but in the future
it can be viable alternative to PyQt. And because it started by Nokia
I'll expect more open and transparent development process, including
availability of older releases.

http://www.pyside.org/about/