Aliases and lazy commands and DRY

Alexander Belchenko bialix at ukr.net
Mon Feb 8 13:55:06 GMT 2010

There is one DRY violation case in the bzr support of lazy commands
registration.

 From plugin I can lazily register the command and also I can provide
the aliases for such command. And it will work for real command
execution, but these aliases won't be shown in the help for the command
itself. Unless I will add them manually to command class as aliases list.

This is not critical problem of course, but it's slightly inconvenient,
especially if plugin author is not aware of this problem.

Maybe if help generator will check lazy aliases with actual aliases and
override the latter or maybe emit the warning, maybe it will help. But I
  can suspect that lazy aliases info is not available in easy way for
help generator code and therefore fixing this maybe too high price for
such small thing.

I'm not sure is it worth to filing a bug, just hope to hear some
comments from smart people.