How to make a branch on Windows of a repository containing symlink?

Martin Pool mbp at canonical.com
Sun Feb 7 10:39:09 GMT 2010

On 6 February 2010 15:14, Baptiste Lepilleur
<baptiste.lepilleur at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for letting me know this limitation of bzr. I'll stick with
> subversion for this branch as it will be easier for me to manage.

This is <https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/bzr/+bug/81689>; you can
subscribe or mark it as affecting you (quasi-vote) if you like.

It looks like the two options proposed there are:

1- just skip them
2- make Windows symlink-like things
3- and I guess another is to write a plain file with the contents of the link

It seems to me that if we can do filtered views then we should be able
to do something similar with 1.

If I get to do this, I'd probably change the wt and treetransform to
use a Transport at least for making symlinks, so that we have a
central point to turn them off on unix for testing, etc.

--
Martin <http://launchpad.net/~mbp/>