tip for tracking bugs with patches

Martin Pool mbp at canonical.com
Tue Feb 2 12:26:13 GMT 2010

We have a few bugs in Bazaar with patches attached, some of which
represented neglected full or partial solutions to the bug, in which
case it would be worth finishing them off.

https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/bzr/+bugs?field.searchtext=&orderby=-importance&assignee_option=any&field.assignee=&field.bug_reporter=&field.bug_supervisor=&field.bug_commenter=&field.subscriber=&field.omit_dupes.used=&field.omit_dupes=on&field.has_patch.used=&field.has_patch=on&field.has_cve.used=&field.affects_me.used=&field.tag=&field.tags_combinator=ANY&search=Search

40 at present.

Driving this queue down has the problem that you apparently cannot
remove from it any items that have non-useful patches attached.

However someone told me a workaround which is that you can click
'edit' on the attachment and then change it from being 'patch' to not,
while still leaving it visible in the bug.

So I think we could then actually have a bit of a project towards
reducing these, as a type of unfinished work.  I just finished one
easy one.

--
Martin <http://launchpad.net/~mbp/>