Server side hooks.

Russel Winder russel.winder at concertant.com
Tue Feb 2 09:32:06 GMT 2010

Eric,

On Mon, 2010-02-01 at 23:14 -0800, Eric Berry wrote:
> Hello,
>    I've been looking through the documentation on hooks:
> http://wiki.bazaar.canonical.com/BzrHooks
> and
> http://doc.bazaar.canonical.com/bzr.dev/en/admin-guide/hooks-plugins.html
>
> It doesn't look like there are many "easy" ways to set up email
> notifications from the server. Is this correct, is the current
> recommended way to have each developer install and configure the
> bzr-email plugin?

Check out Bazaar Hookless Email --
https://launchpad.net/bzr-hookless-email

I have to recommend my branch if you are working on Karmic as trunk is
broken for Karmic and my changes haven't been merged in yet.

I start daemons using cron and @reboot to set up listeners on all the
branches I want email notification for.

--
Russel.
Dr Russel Winder      Partner
                                            xmpp: russel at russel.org.uk
Concertant LLP        t: +44 20 7585 2200, +44 20 7193 9203
41 Buckmaster Road,   f: +44 8700 516 084   voip: sip:russel.winder at ekiga.net
London SW11 1EN, UK   m: +44 7770 465 077   skype: russel_winder