How to setup public location?

Martin Pool mbp at canonical.com
Fri Jan 29 15:10:46 GMT 2010

2010/1/29 Alexander Belchenko <bialix at ukr.net>:
> Help on push said:

>  --stacked             Create a stacked branch that references the public
> location of the parent branch.
>

> What is public location here? Can you provide some example?

For any branch, we have the concept of its public location.  For
instance my branch ~/bzr/doc can be read by anybody at
lp:~mbp/bzr/doc.

This is normally set up by the public_location in locations.conf like this

[/home/mbp/tribunal]
push_location = bzr+ssh://bazaar.launchpad.net/~mbp/tribunal
push_location:policy = appendpath
public_location = lp:~mbp/tribunal
public_location:policy = appendpath

> Am I understand correctly that if I want to push branch on LP and want to
> stack it on non-trunk (not focus of development) I need to explicitly
> specify --stacked-on option to desired master branch (e.g. lp:foo/2.0)?

Yes.

--
Martin <http://launchpad.net/~mbp/>