Pushing after merge considered harmful

Brian de Alwis briandealwis at gmail.com
Tue Jan 26 20:45:47 GMT 2010

On 26-Jan-2010, at 3:19 PM, Jason Earl wrote:
> To be honest I find the idea that Bazaar might want to borrow
> documentation tips from git simply ridiculous.  The primary reason that
> I *don't* use git is that I did not want to have to learn what my VCS
> was doing under the covers to get some work done.  Git's documentation
> covers its object model right after the Introduction, for crying out
> loud.

That doesn't mean it can't be added as a later chapter, an "Under the Covers".  It'd be like the TeXbook's double squiggly road signs.

For example, I realized reading this conversation that I have no idea how the mainline is established — what makes the left-hand side on my branch different from the left-hand side of another branch?  I could read Matthew's brain dump... but it would be better to be in the docs.

Brian.

--
On bike helmets: "If you think your hair is more important than your brain, you're probably right."  (B. J. Wawrykow)