selftest creating .cache directory?

Vincent Ladeuil v.ladeuil+lp at free.fr
Thu Jan 21 07:39:57 GMT 2010

    jam> Ian Clatworthy wrote:
    >> When I run the full test suite, I get a .cache directory
    >> created. Should we add this to .bzrignore?

-0.5

    >> Or should we look into why it's being created?

+1

    jam> I would suspect the launchpad plugin test suite.

It's not as 'bzr selftest --no-plugins' confirms.

But there are also a '.bzr.log' and a 'bzr.1'. The former
mentions
  "bzr arguments: [u'--no-plugins', u'serve', u'--port', u'localhost:0']"
and should be easy to find.

    jam> We should not be leaving behind anything in the working
    jam> directory from running the test suite. I thought we
    jam> protected against this by setting $HOME to something
    jam> illegal.

We do, but there are leaks obviously.

    jam> I wonder if the launchpad plugin is looking for using
    jam> $HOME but finding it can't so it falls back on using
    jam> '.'.

The culprit is wrong but I think the diagnosis is sound... Wasn't
there a modification in the smart server recently along these
lines ?

      Vincent