merging %s paths

Martin Pool mbp at canonical.com
Mon Jan 18 03:18:11 GMT 2010

2010/1/15 }--o <viktor.nagy at gmail.com>:
> hi,
>
> at our company we have a simple file-structure for projects, something like
>
> http://reposerver.com/repos/
> project
>  - mymain
>  - yourmain
>  - hisbranch
>  - herbranch
>
> and we do merging between these branches quite often. bzr merge works fine,
> but it would be really nice to write bzr merge herbranch to get bzr merge
> bzr+ssh:://reposerver/repos/herbranch

There is a shortcut like this for switch, we could add it to other commands.

Maybe someone should try a plugin that works like unix or windows
$PATH so that when you say 'bzr merge herbranch' and herbranch would
otherwise not be found, it searches for it in some configured
locations, like .., http://example.com/..., etc.  'bzr guess' (iirc)
does something similar when a command is not found.

--
Martin <http://launchpad.net/~mbp/>