Need help with workflow

Gordon Tyler gordon at doxxx.net
Fri Jan 15 20:15:27 GMT 2010

So I persuaded my wife to use Bazaar (she's used svn in the past) for a
small project that she's working on and everything is going fine so far.
The setup is currently as follows:

On a shared server on our home network, there is a tree-less repo
containing a trunk branch accessed via
bzr+ssh://server/repos/project/trunk. On her PC, she has branched trunk
into a directory, in which she makes changes, commits and then pushes up
to the server when she wants to share the changes with me.

Now that she wants to create another branch for making some changes in
parallel without disturbing the stability of the trunk -- a feature
branch. However, this is complicated by the requirement that her working
directory has to be in a specific location. We can't just create a repo
and have subdirectories for the branches.

Would Neil's bzr-colo plugin be a good fit for this situation? What else
would you suggest?

Thanks,
Gordon