[RFC] branch --bind

Martin Pool mbp at canonical.com
Tue Jan 12 23:01:06 GMT 2010

2010/1/12 Algis Kabaila <akabaila at pcug.org.au>:

> For an ordinary user, such as I, it is a great disappointment that the
> *documentation*, which definitely needs updating, remains in the same state of
> completion (viz.  it does not even mention bzr-explorer, the GUI that window
> users will use, first and last! I do not use windows, but 90%+ PC users are on
> windows).
>
> Why cant we have a few (no more than 3 to 4) workflows explained fully, so that
> a newbie can just choose one to her liking and follow it until she succeeds to
> get confused by the complex discussions in threads like this one?

Al,

I think you have a good point that the main user guide should at least
suggest you also look at bzr-explorer.  The latter does have
documentation on the doc website, but the link is easily overlooked.
So this is certainly worth fixing.  Similarly about going through the
workflows: there is
http://doc.bazaar.canonical.com/latest/en/tutorials/index.html but I'm
sure it could be better.

This thread is the developers and core users working out what
technical changes to make.  It is not end user documentation.

However, you are much much more likely to get that documentation
improved if you post to the bzr-doc list explaining the specific
problems and perhaps even taking a stab at fixing it, versus
complaining in an irrelevant thread.

If we want the lists to be on-topic, efficient, productive and even
friendly we all need to write mails that make them so.

Regards,
--
Martin <http://launchpad.net/~mbp/>