[RFC] branch --bind

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Mon Jan 11 06:34:09 GMT 2010

Martin Pool writes:

 > and we also need to get better at resolving questions like this,
 > without it getting into mutually-assured-discouragement.

Actually, I think Ian has the right of it.  Make it a priority.  That
means you need to get somebody to do it, ie, make that person
responsible for getting it done.  Your people all know how to do that
right (consulting users, other experts, etc, integrating various
requirements and suggestions), so any of the interested parties would
do.

In other words, questions that lead to m-a-d outcomes do so because
all concerned realize this is something that should be a priority, but
they're frustrated because their other responsibilities mean they can
only work on it part time, and they know they have no claim on others'
time and commitment to not complain about design decisions.