[RFC] branch --bind

Ben Finney ben+bazaar at benfinney.id.au
Sat Jan 9 05:35:52 GMT 2010

Ian Clatworthy <ian.clatworthy at canonical.com> writes:

> Sometimes, I begin making a change in trunk and realise it's more
> complex than I initially thought. So I:
>
>   cd ..
>   bzr branch trunk fix-abc
>   cd abc
>   bzr merge ../trunk --committed
>
> The changes are now available in my feature branch ready to diff and
> refine before committing, pushing somewhere for review, merging back
> to trunk, etc.

There is not (in Bazaar 2.0.3) a ‘--committed’ option for ‘merge’. I
think you mean::

    cd ..
    bzr branch trunk fix-abc
    cd abc
    bzr merge ../trunk --uncommitted

Don't forget to clean up with::

    cd ../trunk
    bzr revert
    cd ../fix-abc

to prevent the confusion over half-finished changes in the trunk branch.

--
 \         “I call him Governor Bush because that's the only political |
  `\              office he's ever held legally.” —George Carlin, 2008 |