[RFC] branch --bind

Matthew D. Fuller fullermd at over-yonder.net
Fri Jan 8 03:17:48 GMT 2010

On Fri, Jan 08, 2010 at 12:20:21PM +0900 I heard the voice of
Stephen J. Turnbull, and lo! it spake thus:

> Rather it would be a complex object composed of a "hidden" bound
> branch and the "normal" workspace in a (lightweight) checkout (with
> the UI hiding the complexity until the user actually starts to do VC
> work offline).

FWIW, I consider that a _terrible_ idea, further entrenching the
already painful conflation of very different entities (and for that
matter, I don't see how it's functionally different from a bound
branch with a [lightweight] checkout that happens to be colocated with
the branch...)

Matthew Fuller     (MF4839)   |  fullermd at over-yonder.net